05 August 2011

The best defense is a passed defense

I know I haven't blogged in quite a while. The main reason - well I've been trying to finish up my PhD. It hasn't really left me with any spare time, well at least not enough to blog.

So why am I blogging now? Because I successfully defended my dissertation. Apparently the whole "slow and steady" thing payed off! If you are curious as to what my dissertation was actually on, well you can try looking at my academic homepage in a week or two when I get a chance to update and streamline it (yes I know, the material there is currently about half-a-decade old). Or you can just email me.

Suffice to say, at the moment, I'm just about disserationed out (though I am quite passionate about the research upon which the dissertation was built). Am currently running some final experiments to round things out and plan to deposit shortly after the Tisha B'av fast (saddest day of the Jewish year) is done. Doing it beforehand strikes me as overly inauspicious.

Anyway, I'm really happy and may even start writing stuff again on a more regular basis... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment